A recent study has shown that 80% of one to two year olds, did not visit a dentist in the year to March 2017.
Here at Dental Excellence we believe in preventive dental care and encourage our patients to bring their children to the practice from an early age. Regular examinations from a young age will ensure children won’t suffer from untreated dental decay with devastating effects to their growing dentition.
There are a number of preventive treatments that our team can provide for children:
1. Fluoride applications are a safe and effective way to safeguard your growing child’s teeth from developing decay. The fluoride is painted onto the surface of the child’s teeth and this helps to mineralise the teeth.
2.Fissure sealants are tooth coloured and applied to biting surfaces of children’s teeth to prevent decay.
3. Studies have shown that the younger the age that you bring your child to the dental practice, even if just for an examination, the more likely they are to have a positive experience and grow up not to be afraid of the dentist.
Benefits of starting a good oral health regime early on for your child:
• Healthy teeth and gums for life
• Reduced risk of developing tooth decay and needing fillings
• No fears or phobias of the dentist
We believe that prevention is always better than a cure so call the practice today to make an appointment for your child on 01494 876128.